Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Photo Challenge 2015 Week 10: Numbers - 50mm

I kinda cheated.... I shot this today, not last week. BUT the idea behind this challenge is to get people to stop using zoom and to start using their body to get the shot. A prime lens is one that doesn't have any zoom capabilities and that's what I'm always shooting with. A 50 mm lens has the same perspective as our eyes. Several challengers had a very hard time with this challenge because they were not used to moving around and in the process of having to move around, realized that they looked ridiculous. That's something I've just gotten used to.... I used to care what people thought of me but my work has become far more important to me. I know what I can accomplish if I can look at things from a different perspective.

When I was at the Tillamook Cheese Factory, I looked like a crazy person trying to get this shot of cheese. But I was absolutely determined to get a unique photograph. I heard several people snicker and one person exclaimed "She's taking a picture of cheese!" Ya... I wish I could have shown them what my hard work and embarrassment created :)


So for this challenge, this is what I created today with my 50mm perspective:





No comments:

Post a Comment