Sunday, November 23, 2014

Photo Challenge 2014: Week 46 Still Life - Macro

I've just got to warn you. I'm completely geeking out right now. I was feeling all discouraged because my current lenses are not capable of macro photography and that's what the challenges for the last two weeks have been... or so I thought!!! Turns out, if you remove the lens and literally hold it on backwards, it turns into a macro lens!!! WHAT?!! Coolest thing EVER!!! Now there are a lot of limitations with this method but I've just gotta say, WOW. See for yourself.

So first off we have this:


Plus this:


And we get this!


Any guesses?? Think hard. Here's another clue:


I think you should have it by now. But just in case:


If you still don't know, keep scrolling and I'll tell you!! I'll even show you my ghetto Set up. Next up: Popcorn kernel that I found under the couch while laying on the floor.


And now on to some special things. This is my engagement ring. I was blown away when I zoomed in on my computer. You can see every imperfection. So crazy.



Next we have my deceased Grandma Lefevre's Ring. I'm in love with it.


This next one is a dried rose. My aunt died when I was about 10 and this rose was on her casket.



And in memory of my Grandma and Aunt, the only relatives I've lost:



Alright. Ready to know what that was up there? Drum roll please!




3 comments:

  1. You are a great photographer Rachel! I had no idea what those shots were of, but I must say, you tricked us! That purple purse does not go with a tape dispenser! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tape dispenser edge is incredible! How do you juggle holding the camera and lens and focusing? Seems you would need 4 hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya. It was ridiculous. It took me a while to determine that there was no way that I was going to get a good shot if the camera was in my hands because the plane of focus was TINY. Like a millimeter. So my camera was on the ground with my lens taped on. Some times I propped it up a little higher with wadded up paper. After my camera was set up right, I'd very slowly move my object forward or backward until my focus was right and then I'd push the shutter. It was sooo much fun! I'm still fascinated that I could take a picture with my lens on backward, I guess I didn't think that was possible.

      Delete