Sunday, September 21, 2014

Portland Trip

Last weekend I went to Portland and wanted to share a few gems from my trip. Can you find the ant?


We went to the Tillamook cheese factory which was interesting and touristy. I wanted a cool shot that the average tourist wouldn't get. So there I was, squatting down and moving quickly around this deep chest of cheese and the people around me were like "what the....???? She's crazy!" But look at this awesome picture of cheese!!!! I love it! I call it: The Giraffe Cheese.



It's kinda hard to take a self portrait when you're always behind the camera, but I managed to. This is probably my favorite picture because of so many reasons. I love the creative composition and the ice cream and I loved the process of getting this shot. It's this shot that shows how well I'm getting to know my camera. Not one thing was in auto. I had full control over everything including focus.


We went to a little diner in the middle of no where on our way to the Oregon coast and I want to tell a short story with my photos.






Sigh.... I fell so in love with that old man while sneaking photos of him. He was so sweet and I loved that he was just having breakfast at the local diner. I also thought a lot about the joyous life he has lived and about my own journey I'll go on growing old. I wonder where his sweet heart is, if he ever had one. There was a cool boat steering wheel and my friends laughed at me for taking a picture of it. But look how cool it is!


And I spent some time with my awesome sister in her awesome Tonka Truck that clearly needs  windshield wash. This photo was fun. I had taken over two dozen of my friend like this one and I thought those were cool until I caught this gem of my sister. I just can't get over the sun. The lighting is just soooo cool.


1 comment: